Plentiful water is the key to health; every system of the body depends on water to function. Most people are slightly dehydrated and this burdens the kidneys, heart, brain and other organs. Nature’s pHarmacy™ recommends the below. While sipping on adult beverages can be relaxing, use with moderation as in all things. A good rule of thumb while consuming alcoholic beverages is to alternate a glass of water with an alcoholic beverage. Choose alkalinizing mineral waters like San Pellegrino or Gerolsteiner that can provide much needed electrolytes as well.
Seven Keys to Healthy Hydration
• Do a self-assessment of your hydration status.
• Consume at least one 8-ounce glass of mineral-rich water 8 times daily.
• Set a carafe of water (or herbal beverage) in front of you with a cup. If the cup is full, drink. If the cup is empty, fill it. Repeat.
• For every 5-8 ounces of caffeinated beverages, add a glass of water.
• Take a rest from drinking water 20-30 minutes before and after meals to assist the body’s digestive process. If you must drink at these times, make it small amounts of room temperature or hot water (or healthy tea) as cold water can really slow down digestion.
• Fresh lemon juice, lime juice, and/or ginger act as digestive aids and alkaline enhancers while enhancing the taste of water.
• There are many teas and herbal beverages with health promoting benefits. Find the ones you prefer and enjoy.
Nature's pHarmacy™ Approved Drinks
No surprises there, but avoid fridge cold and add lime or lemon for its alkalinizing effects.
Starting the day with vegetable, fish or meat broth is an excellent health hack.
Fresh Vegetable Juice
Go heavy on the veggies and light on the fruit to ensure your morning juice packs all the nutrients without sugar.
Sipping on herbal teas ( e.g., chamomile, ginger) is a delicious way to promote hydration and an enjoyable way of getting your daily fix of immune supporting antioxidant nutrients.