Not only is pumpkin a nutritious and delicious addition to your favorite recipe, it also is a perfect complement to your skincare routine! Pumpkin pulp delivers a wide variety of antioxidants, bioflavonoids, amino acids and fruit enzymes to the skin, where they help exfoliate, hydrate, brighten, and plump the skin, and defend against oxidative damage. As the seasons change, pamper your skin with this heavenly pumpkin face mask.
- 2 Tbsp of organic pumpkin puree (make your own by de-seeding and roasting a small baking pumpkin (pie or sugar varieties) for 45-60 minutes, then cool and process in a food processor until smooth).
- ½ tsp of organic honey
- ½ tsp of almond milk (Oat milk or coconut milk can be used as substitutes.)
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until creamy. (You may need to add a teeny bit more milk or honey to get the proper consistency.)
- Wash your face, removing any makeup, rinse and pat dry.
- Apply mask to your face, using your fingertips or a small/medium makeup brush. Avoid getting mixture close to your eyes.
- Let the mask set for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with warm water and pat dry.
- Enjoy your healthy complexion!