- 1 (12-ounce) bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 c. water
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt® (optional)
- Combine the fresh cranberries and water in a saucepan and set it over medium heat.
- Add the chopped Medjool dates. The number of dates you use will depend on your desired level of sweetness; start with 6 dates and adjust as needed.
- Bring the cranberries, dates, and water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the orange zest and fresh orange juice to the mixture. This will add a lovely citrusy flavor to the sauce.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cranberries will pop and the dates will soften, creating a thick sauce.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the sweetness by adding more chopped dates if needed.
- Optionally, add a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt for balance.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the cranberry sauce to cool. As it cools, it will continue to thicken.
- Once it reaches your desired consistency, transfer the cranberry sauce to a serving dish.
- You can serve it warm or chilled. If it becomes too thick after chilling, add a splash of water or orange juice to thin to your desired consistency.