This Melon Fruit Salad is inspired by my friend Bhanté, and the perfect way to extend the summer a bit more! A meal, an appetizer, an entrée, or dessert, your choice, enjoy!
Ingredients ( Organic/biodynamic)
- 1 seedless watermelon, cored,
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Shallot
- Spices to taste, nutmeg, Celtic sea salt, fresh ground peppercorns
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Fresh basil/rosemary (optional) – chopped
- Add any other ripe fruit of your choice
Optional toppings: Sprouts, seeds, nuts such as almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans and /or pine nuts
- Cut fruit and shallot into mouth size pieces
- Add a sprinkle of nutmeg, Celtic Sea Salt, fresh ground peppercorns, a splash of apple cider vinegar and fresh basil or rosemary (optional)
- Mix ingredients
- Garnish as desired with sprouts, nuts and seeds
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerated
Serving tip: You may be able to use the watermelon shell to serve the salad.