Fire Cider can be used year-round but is best taken as a preventative tonic during cold and flu season for its immune-boosting health benefits. It can be used as a salad dressing, added to soup, taken straight up (1 tablespoon), or diluted in water or another beverage of choice.
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 2 turmeric roots
- 1 ginger root
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 ½ c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 1 Lemon; zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp raw organic honey
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves, turmeric roots, and ginger root.
- Slice the jalapeno pepper into thick slices.
- Place all the chopped and sliced ingredients into a pan.
- Cover with the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the rosemary, horseradish, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Heat on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes to warm the mixture, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the honey.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes then pour into a mason jar and seal. Shake well to combine.
- Label jar.
- Store in refrigerator for 2 weeks, at which point it is ready to be used.