- 8 oz Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- Small red onion, diced
- Small apple, chopped
- 8 oz blackberries
- Fresh herbs, such as: parsley, sage, rosemary, and basil
- Fresh ground pepper, Celtic Sea salt, and ground nutmeg to taste
- Apple cider vinegar, to taste
- Cashews and pine nuts -to garnish
- Soak and cook the chickpeas till medium soft
- Cook the quinoa till its fluffy and drain any extra water
- In a large bowl mix diced onion, chopped apple, blackberries, and cooked chickpeas.
- Fold in fresh herbs, and season with fresh ground pepper, Celtic Sea salt, and nutmeg.
- Dress with apple cider vinegar to taste.
- Serve over cooked quinoa, and top with cashews and pine nuts
Additional optional toppings include toasted pecans, or toasted sesame seeds.
Can be served with all grasses such as millet, wild rice, or buckwheat, in place of quinoa if preferred.