This flavorful dish is as comforting as it is healthy!
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total prep time: 1 hour
Main Dish Organic/Biodynamic Ingredients:
1 small spaghetti squash
1 carrot (julienned)
½ md red bell pepper (julienned)
1 C bean sprouts
1 C snap peas (blanched)
2 duck breasts sliced thinly (optional – substitute for your protein choice)
Sauce Organic/Biodynamic Ingredients:
1 large garlic clove (chopped fine)
2 Tbs. Tamari
2 Tbs. (any nut butter of your choice- preferably almond or cashew)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (or to your liking)
Toppings Organic/Biodynamic Ingredients:
2 Tbs. cilantro (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
Coarse Celtic salt (to taste)
- Poke spaghetti squash (5-8 times) with a knife or skewer and bake on a cookie sheet for 40 min at 425*. It is finished when you can easily slice with a knife.
- Water-sauté duck breasts (pan-fry with water rather than oil)
- Chop all vegetables.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon remove the seeds like you would with a pumpkin. After the seeds are removed, swirl a fork around in the squash to create “noodles”.
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl layer your ingredients. Start with your squash “noodles”, add snap peas, red bell pepper, carrots, bean sprouts.
- In a separate smaller bowl mix your sauce ingredients. You can add more tamari or a little bit of water if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add the sauce to your veggie bowl and lightly toss to cover all the veggies.
- Serve in a shallow bowl or plate – top with duck, cilantro, and green onions.
- Garnish with lime wedges.