- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. vegetable broth or water
- Celtic Sea Salt® and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Blanch the green beans. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare a bowl of ice water. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for about 2-3 minutes until they are bright green and slightly tender. Quickly drain the beans and transfer them to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Once they’re cool, drain them again and set aside.
- In a large skillet, toast the slivered almonds over medium heat. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Toast until they turn golden and become fragrant, which should take about 3-4 minutes. Transfer the toasted almonds to a plate and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and a small amount of vegetable broth (or water) to sauté. Cook the garlic for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the blanched green beans to the skillet with the garlic and broth. Stir to coat the beans with the garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing them to heat through.
- Season the green beans with salt and black pepper to taste. If the pan gets too dry, you can add a little more vegetable broth or water to prevent sticking.
- Once the green beans are heated through and coated with the garlic, remove them from the heat.
- Transfer the green beans to a serving platter and sprinkle the toasted slivered almonds over the top.
- If desired, garnish with lemon wedges for a bit of extra flavor.