Roasting garlic is a great way to bring out its sweeter notes, and results in a custard-like texture with a rich, mellow flavor. Once roasted you can mix it into hummus for a delicious dip, combine with mustard for a flavor-rich condiment, or use it in place of garlic in all of your favorite recipes!
1 head of garlic
Celtic Sea Salt®, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice off the top of the garlic head, exposing the tops of the garlic cloves.
- Place in a Dutch oven with the cut side facing up. Sprinkle with Celtic Sea Salt. Close the Dutch oven with an oven proof lid.
- Roast garlic for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden and soft to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before using.
Unpeeled garlic can be stored in a refrigerator for up to two weeks in a small container.