These delicious and healthy pops of flavor are gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free, oil-free, and vegan! This time of year, fresh pumpkins are in season. Use the flesh to make a delicious soup or vegetable dish and roast the seeds for a nutritious popcorn-like snack.
- 2 c. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Optional pinch of cayenne pepper for heat
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Start by cleaning the pumpkin seeds. Remove any pumpkin pulp and rinse the seeds thoroughly and strain under cold water. Pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut aminos, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried oregano, dried basil, Celtic Sea Salt, black pepper, and optional cayenne pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful seasoning blend.
- Add the dry pumpkin seeds to the bowl with the seasoning mixture. Toss the seeds until they are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and become crisp. Stir or shake the pan every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting.
- Once they’re done, remove the pumpkin seeds from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet. They will become even crispier as they cool.
- Once completely cool, store your roasted pumpkin seeds in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for several weeks if stored properly.
- Enjoy your gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free, oil-free, and vegan roasted pumpkin seeds as a healthy snack or as a topping for salads or soups!