Enjoy this healthy and satisfying gluten-free, grain-free, warming crumble packed with seasonal flavors either as a hearty breakfast or a nourishing dessert!
Ingredients: all Organic or Biodynamic
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 4 apples finely chopped
- 4 dates, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg grounded
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup of buckwheat (soaked)
- 1 oz cashews, crushed
- 8 to 10 tbsp organic homemade applesauce (see below)
- 1 tsp scraped vanilla bean
- ⅛ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 oz of raisins
- Soak buckwheat for two hours or overnight. Once it’s soaked, drain, and rinse it well.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl prepare the fruit filling by placing the sliced banana, apples, and dates together. Add the spices and lemon juice and toss till well coated.
- Transfer to a small baking dish and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl used before, add the buckwheat, cashews, applesauce, vanilla, and Celtic Sea salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Top the apple mixture with the buckwheat and cashew mixture and return the dish to the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the buckwheat is soft and golden.
- Allow the crumble to cool before serving.
- Top it with raisins and serve.
- 3-4 medium organic apples- selection of honey crisp and Gala
- 3 dates chopped
- ½ tsp Scraped vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon organic cinnamon stick then grounded (optional)
Peel the skin and chopped the apples in small pieces, then add the Vanilla bean, dates, and cinnamon (optional) including one cup of water. Add them all in a pot and bring to a boil on medium to high heat, then lower the temperature and cover the top. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes until the apples are completely tender and cooked. Use the stick blender or potato masher to mash the cooked apples in the pot. Then adjust seasoning as needed. If the apple sauce is too thick add more water and let it sit for 5 more minutes on medium heat. Let it cool down and ready to use.