These sugar-free clusters combine antioxidant-rich unsweetened chocolate with a variety of heart-healthy fruits and nuts to create a bittersweet treat for Valentine’s Day or any day.
Ingredients (all organic/biodynamic):
4 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate
6 pitted Medjool dates
1/3 c. freeze-dried strawberries, broken into smaller pieces
¼ c. freeze dried blueberries
¼ c. whole unsalted, shelled pistachios
¼ c. whole, unsalted, toasted almonds
1 tsp hemp seeds
- Chop dates into small pieces, break apart and scatter evenly in the bottom of an 8.5×11” glass baking dish
- Place almonds, pistachios and the dried fruits evenly between the pieces of date.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate over a double boiler (or in microwave)
- With a tablespoon, drizzle the chocolate over the fruit and nuts to make a thin coating.
- Scatter hemp seeds on top.
- Place pan in freezer for 5-10 minutes to set the chocolate, and remove.
- Let rest on the counter for a few minutes, then use a fork to lift up the chocolate bark, removing it in small bite-sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and/or in refrigerator.